Thursday, April 14, 2005

the time the time the time the time

Distance: 3 miles
Speed: 10.10 minutes/mile
Weight: 120 lbs.
Sounds: End Hits by Fugazi

Todd and I are going to see a Philly Film Festival screening of Todd Solondz's Palindromes tonight, so I needed to get my 3 mile run in this morning. Encouraged by Tuesday's run with the Jens, I set the treadmill at a higher speed than usual. The first quarter mile was rough, but it was smooth sailing after that. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this.

This was also my second time running in my new shoes. I returned the shoes I bought last week (too small) and got a new pair. I highly recommend Philadelphia Runner. Even though my new shoes were $30 more than the first pair, he gave them to me for the same price. I'm much happier with the new pair, both in terms of comfort and aesthetics, but what is up with naming sneaker colors after fruit? These are "orange sherbet." Better than "grape mist," I guess.

1 comment:

hazel said...

I like orange sherbert better than grape mist, for sure. in sneakers and in real life.

and how'd you like palindromes? like I don't know how you liked palindromes. I peeked at your ballot. but tell the other nice folks.