Thursday, April 21, 2005

Bizzle, Whizzle, & T-Dizzle

Distance: 3.4 miles
Speed: 10.88 minutes/mile
Weight: ?
Sounds: Who needs music, when you've got Whizzle & Bizzle?

Two of my friends and coworkers, Whitney and Jim, are also doing the BSR, so we decided to run together today. Jim has run marathons; Whit ran (and cheered!) in highschool. Since we're all at different levels, we decided to go S-L-O-W-L-Y and enjoy the run. I think we all enjoyed it. Whit? Jim?

It's lame, but I get a little thrill every time I come home and Todd asks how my run was, and I say (with complete honesty), "It felt great. It was only three miles, so it was a pretty easy one."

Only. Three. Miles.

It's hard to believe I've reached a point where three miles is an easy run, but I have. So today, I'm not going to worry about the fact that I haven't lost ONE FRIGGING POUND running or that my upper thighs rub together and cause the "c" word on long runs. Today, I'm going to be happy that three miles is an easy run. That I can take the fifteen flights of stairs to my office without feeling like I'm going to pass out. That I'm doing something I had always convinced myself I'd never be able to do.

Tomorrow, I'm sure I'll be back to wishing I were a size 2 and wondering if the lemonade diet really works, but today, I feel good.

1 comment:

hazel said...

as well you should. 3 miles? I get tired DRIVING that far. it's a total accomplishment, and something I bet very few of your friends and aquaintances can do.