Sunday, March 13, 2005

Just to keep ourselves at least enough to carry on

Distance: 4 miles
Speed: 11.54 minutes/mile
Weight: 118 lbs.
Music: In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel

Four miles is the farthest I've ever run in one... run. Since I struggled with one mile when I first started running, I almost can't believe I was able to run four today. For the first time, finishing the BSR seems like it might be feasible.

On a less elated note, I had a nightmare last night in which I was running down Broad Street completely by myself, because everyone else had finished the race hours before. The official word from the BSR website is:

"An agreement with the City of Philadelphia and its Police Department requires that all participants run a sub-15 minute per mile pace to allow the City to reopen Broad Street in a timely manner. All runners not keeping this pace will be directed to the sidewalks to allow traffic to re-open."

So to all of you who've been preaching slow and steady, I'll be expecting you to wait around for me until noon waving giant foam hands as I shuffle my way down the sidewalk to the Naval Yard. Thanks.

No comments: