Thursday, April 09, 2009

Cross Training

Distance Who the hell knows?
Time 1:30:00

I am generally pretty lax about cross training, unless you count yoga. It's all I can do to get up at an ungodly hour to run a few times a week - getting up at an ungodly hour to lift weights or hop on the elliptical machine just isn't happening. But my friend and coworker James invited a few of us to a spinning class at his gym, so I decided to go see what all the fuss is about.

Apparently, spinners like pain and a lot of it. After 45 minutes of listening to an incredibly fit, incredibly energetic woman command us to speed up, stand up, sit down, increase the tension, and "climb hills," the rest of the class was still cheering and occasionally pumping their fists in the air. I was trying to keep from falling off my bike. Spinning is hard. So hard that when the instructor invited us to a 30-minute "Abs & Bands" class afterwards, I lacked the energy to say no.

Prediction: no running on Broad - or anywhere else - for this broad tomorrow morning.

No comments: