Sunday, April 05, 2009

4 Weeks to Go

Distance 6 miles
Time 1:07:42

Perfect sunny day for the longest run I've done in a year and a half. The only downside was that half the city seemed to think so, too. In addition to a crew tournament and a bicycle race, there were hundreds of runner, bikers, rollerbladers, and walkers out enjoying the sunshine. I actually love to see so many folks outside being active, but it made for some dodge-and-weave running.

H and I ran together again, and it was his first 6-miler ever. He's been struggling with some shin pain, and being a chronic shin splint sufferer myself, I know how tough it can be. He was a complete rockstar, running the entire distance and keeping up conversation with me the whole time. I'm really proud of him, and I can't wait to run the BSR together.

I got hit by a serious case of the sleepies on the car ride home, and by the time I got in the door, I was so exhausted that I told Todd to shower first so I could take a quick nap. On the floor. In my running clothes.

I seriously considered calling it a night after my shower, but I was roused by the promise of Turkish food from S&H Kebab House. I replenished my calorie reserves with some shepherd salad, döner kebap, and a perfect piece baklava. If you're in the Philadelphia area, I highly recommend S&H.

No comments: